The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Installing vSphere Storage Appliance Manager fails with the error: Error 2896 (2035893)
- You cannot install the vSphere Storage Appliance Manager
- Installing the vSphere Storage Appliance Manager fails with the error:
- The TMP, Temp user, and system variables are set to point to the
C:\drive, as required
- vCenter Server is installed in a drive other than
- Run the vSphere Storage Appliance (VSA) Manager installer. The installer extracts and copies the files.
- When the extraction completes, the Next button is enabled. Do not click Next at this stage.
- Navigate to
%TEMP%/sva/VSAManager/installTool, and open the
runtool.batfile using a text editor.
- In the ninth line of code, add
For example, change:
cd /d %BUILDDIR%
- Save and close the
- Click Next to continue with the installation.
Post installation steps:
- Ensure the windows
JAVA_HOMEenvironment variable is correctly set to match the path of the vCenter Server JRE (Java Runtime Environment). This is needed by the
cleanup.battool, which is used to remove VSA Clusters. The default location for the JRE is:
You must modify this value for non-default installations, such as the one described in this article.
- To find the current JRE install path, look at the value in the Windows registry at this location:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware Infrastructure\JRE\VIM_JRE\InstallPath
- To enable full functionality of the VSA Export Logs, you must copy the
WSCLi.jarfile to the default directory. The default directory is:
C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\VSA Manager\tools\
Note: If the directory does not already exist, create it.
WSCLi.jarfile and copy it to the default directory.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.