The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Cannot perform a password reset or reactivate an account in Socialcast On Premise (2035840)
- When viewing a user in the Active Users list in the admin interface, the Reset Password option is not available
- When viewing a user in the Deactivated Users list in the admin interface, the Send Activation Email option is not available
- When attempting to reset a password for a user that does not have the Is provisioned by Directory Integration option enabled, via the appliance CLI, you observe the following errors:
- Using the script/rails runner command returns a blank password
- When using the script/rails console command, you see this message:
Attempting to reset password for LDAP account
- This issue occurs when the community is configured with LDAP Integration and Directory Authentication
This is a known issue.
To fix all existing accounts that may be affected by this issue:
- Launch the Interactive Rails Console. For more information, see Starting an interactive Rails console session on a Socialcast cluster (2030375).
- At the irb> prompt, run these commands in the sequence specified:
users = User.where(:company_login => "")users.each do |user|if user.provisionable == false then user.update_attribute(:company_login, nil) endend
When complete, all current users that have an empty Company Login profile field and do not have the Is provisioned by Directory Integration option selected are detected correctly and the required account maintenance features behave as expected.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.