The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Update Option Values tasks visible in vCenter Server after enabling Content Based Read Cache (CBRC) (2035729)
This issue occurs due to a lack of permissions on the vCenter Server account. You see these tasks because CBRC is not enabled on the ESXi hosts.
To resolve this issue, manually set the option value to true on the ESXi hosts:
- Make sure all ESXi hosts involved have access to all datastores on which the virtual machines reside.
- On the vCenter Server, select the host and click the Configuration tab.
- In the Software menu, click Advanced Settings.
- Navigate to CBRC and select CBRC.Enable.
This option does not get enabled when the vCenter Server user does not have sufficient privileges. Verify that the user has the appropriate privileges under Host > Configuration
To avoid seeing these vCenter Sever tasks, disable CBRC in View:
- Log into the View Administrator console.
- Go to View Configuration > Servers.
- Select the vCenter Server and click Edit.
- On the Host Caching tab, deselect Enable host caching for View.
- Click OK.
During the pool creation (if it is an automated pool), you can see a vCenter Server task called Update option values. This means ESXi is configured for host caching.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.