The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Logging into vCenter Server 5.1 or 5.5 using the "Use Windows session credentials" option fails with the error: Cannot complete login due to an incorrect username or password (2035510)
- You cannot log into vCenter Server 5.1 or 5.5 with the vSphere Client or vSphere Web Client
- Logging into vCenter Server 5.1 or 5.5 using the vSphere Client with an Active Directory domain account and selecting the Use Windows session credentials checkbox, fails with the error:
Cannot complete login due to an incorrect username or password
To resolve this issue, remove the existing Active Directory Identity Source, and recreate it with a Domain Alias.
To remove the existing Active Directory Identity Source, and recreate it with a Domain Alias:
- Log into the vSphere Web Client using the Admin@System-Domain (for 5.1) or email@example.com credentials (for 5.5).
- Click Administration.
- Under Sign-On and Discovery, click Configuration.
- Click the Active Directory identity source.
- Under Actions, click Edit Identity Source.
- Make note of the information in the identity source.
- Click Cancel.
- Under Actions, click Delete Identity Source.
- Recreate the identity source using the short NETBIOS name in the Domain Alias field.
- Click Test Connection.
- Click OK.
Note: If your problem persists even after trying the steps in this article, file a support request with VMware Support and note this Knowledge Base article ID (2035510) in the problem description. For more information, see How to Submit a Support Request.
For more information, see the Microsoft article Active Directory and Active Directory Domain Services Port Requirements.
Note: The preceding link was correct as of November 08, 2013. If you find the link is broken, provide feedback and a VMware employee will update the link.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.