The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
vCenter Single Sign-On installer reports the error: Error 29155.Identity source discovery error (2034374)
When installing vCenter Server 5.1, you experience these symptoms:
- During the installation, an attempt is made to automatically discover an Active Directory domain
- While discovering Identity Sources as part of the vCenter Single Sign-On install, you see the error:
Error 29155.Identity source discovery error
- When you click OK in the error dialog, the vCenter Single Sign-On installation continues despite the message
- Subsequent component installations may fail as the machine is not joined to a domain
To work around this issue when you are not able to upgrade, manually add an identity source.
To manually add an identity source:
- Skip ahead in installation components and install the vSphere Web Client after the vCenter Single Sign-On installation completes.
- Manually add a domain as an identity source using the admin@system-domain account. For more information, see Add a vCenter Single Sign-On Identity Source in the vSphere 5.1 Documentation Center.
- Resume installing any components that failed to install previously.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.