The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Troubleshooting a performance problem in Service Manager (vSM) (2033938)
In VMware Service Manager 7.x, 8.x, and 9.x, you experience these symptoms:
- Slow performance in database queries
- Errors in Windows Event Logs indicated too long for a query
- Searches take a long period of time to execute
You need these logs and diagnostics to troubleshoot this issue.
- How many Procedures?
- How much RAM is available?
- Free disk space?
- Which version of Windows are you running?
- Is VMware Service Manager the only application that is using the server it is installed on?
Logs and Diagnostics
- Provide the full Event Logs from when the server become unresponsive in order to show the event log in context, rather than showing the VMware Service Manager errors alone.
- Install a Performance recording software on the application server like PerfMon so we can gather the server statistics when the system is healthy vs when it is not.
- IIS logs from the time frame in question before you restart IIS.
- Is your system customized?
- Have there been any changes to the application server, such as a Windows patch or anti virus installation?
- Are you considering an upgrade to the most current version of VMware Service Manager?
- Do you see any errors on the database server at the same time as the application server?
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.