The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
vCenter Single Sign On fails at start up or during initialization (2033164)
There can be several possible reasons that vCenter Single Sign On fails at start up or during initialization. These include the following.
- Single Sign On started earlier than the database.
- The database is not accessible.
- The database log in password is expired.
- Verify that the IP address or FQDN is correct in
- Make any necessary corrections to the IP address or FQDN.
- At a command line, type SingleSignOn_server\utils\ssocli manage-secrets -a listallkeys
- When prompted, supply the master password.
- Update the configuration using the command ssocli configure-riat -a configure-db
For details about these commands, see the command-line help.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.