The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Accessing the vCenter Orchestrator Configuration Interface remotely fails with the error: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage (2032929)
- Cannot access the vCenter Orchestrator Configuration Interface from a remote server
- Accessing the vCenter Orchestrator Configuration Interface from a remote server, such as http://IP Address:8282, fails
- You are unable to access this page from outside the server on which Orchestrator is running
- You see the error:
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
To configure the vCenter Orchestrator Configuration Interface for a remote connection:
- Log in as an administrator to the machine on which the vCenter Orchestrator server component is installed.
- Navigate to the jetty.xml configuration file and open it using a text editor.
- If you installed the standalone version of vCenter Orchestrator, go to install_directory\VMware\Orchestrator\configuration\jetty\etc\jetty.xml.
If you are using vCenter Server installed Orchestrator, go to install_directory\VMware\Infrastructure\Orchestrator\configuration\jetty\etc\jetty.xml.
- Find this entry in the jetty.xml file:
<SystemProperty name="jetty.host" default="localhost"/>
- Replace localhost with 0.0.0.0.
- Restart the Orchestrator configuration service.
- Log in to the Orchestrator Configuration Interface as vmware.
- Click Startup Options.
- Click Restart the vCO configuration server.
You should now be able to access the vCenter Orchestrator configuration interface remotely.
For more information, see the Configure the Orchestrator Configuration Interface for Remote Connection section of the Installing and Configuring VMware vCenter Orchestrator.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.