VMware Fusion 5.x sales, licensing, and compatibility FAQs (2032855)
How much does VMware Fusion 5.x cost?
VMware Fusion 5.x will be available in two editions:
- VMware Fusion 5
- VMware Fusion 5 Professional
VMware Fusion 5 is priced at $49.99 USD, whereas the VMware Fusion 5 Professional costs $99.99 USD.The edition upgrade/version upgrade is priced at $49.99 USD.
What are the system requirements for Fusion 5.x?
The upgrade option for VMware Fusion 5.x Professional is available for customers who own previous versions of Fusion (3.x, 4.x) or Parallels Desktop (version 7). You may purchase a license upgrade from the VMware Online Store. The cost of the license upgrade is $49.99 USD. For more information, see VMware store purchasing and order details (2006980).
Where can I download VMware Fusion 5.x?
Can I install Fusion on more than one MAC?
Starting with Fusion 4.x, personal users only need one license to install on all Macs. Business or educational institutions need one license per Mac.
Where is the license key that I just purchased?
You can view your license keys in My VMware. For more information, see Viewing license keys in My VMware (2006831).
The license key is also sent via an email after your purchase. Look for your Order Confirmation email. You may need to check your junk/spam folder.Note: If your license key is not available in your order confirmation email, your order might still be processing. Wait for the follow-up email to confirm your license key. This email is usually sent within 24 hours from the time of purchase. The follow-up email contains a link to access your license key.
Go to the VMware Fusion menu at the top left corner of your screen
Select Enter License/Get License.
How do I register my new VMware Fusion license key?
If you placed your order online, wait for 24 hours before registering your product to ensure that your order has processed completely. For information on registering a license key, see Registering a license key in My VMware (2011177).Technology Guarantee Program (TGP) FAQs
What is the Technology Guarantee Program?
VMware provides a free copy of VMware Fusion 5.x if you have purchased a copy of Fusion 4 from www.vmware.com or a VMware Reseller between July 25th, 2012 and September 30th, 2012.
How can I obtain my VMware Fusion 5.x license key, if I am within the eligibility period?
- If you have purchased VMware Fusion 4 electronically from VMware or a VMware Reseller during this time period, you automatically receive a new VMware Fusion 5.x license key(s) via email by September 30th ,2012. No further action is required to receive your upgrade.
- If you have purchased a VMware Fusion 4 retail box through a VMware Reseller during this time period, you need to submit your license key(s) and proof of purchase online by October 31, 2012. Allow up to 30 days to receive your complimentary electronic upgrade to VMware Fusion 5.x.
- Link to submit all the needed documentation : http://vmware.alom.com/Fusion
I have a subscription for my license of VMware Fusion. How do I get my free upgrade?
May I purchase a subscription for VMware Fusion 5.x?
Subscription Services are no longer sold after September 14, 2011.
How to continue using your product after receiving the new free upgraded license keys?
After receiving the new license key, ensure that you have installed the correct version of the product because Fusion 5 licenses are supported on Fusion 4. To know how to activate the license on the product, see Licensing VMware Fusion (2014287).
I purchased VMware Fusion 5 before the cut off date for the Technology Guarantee Program (July 25th, 2012). Can I get a refund?
There are no refunds for VMware Fusion purchases.
Is there any refund for Fusion 5.x?
What kind of support will I get when I purchase VMware Fusion 5.x?
VMware Fusion has 18 months of complimentary email support after you register the license key. For information on registering your license key, see Registering a license key in My VMware (2011177).
Customers who have purchased at least 10 licenses of VMware Fusion 5.x Professional are eligible to buy Basic Support for the product.
Do I get telephone support for installation?
Telephone support is provided to customers who have purchased Basic Support with the product. You may purchase a pay per incident telephone support request for $29.99. After the support is purchased, you may file a pay per incident support ticket. For more information, see Purchasing and filing Pay Per Incident support for VMware products (2014035).
I have upgraded/installed VMware Fusion 5.x. Where do I find my previous virtual machine?
Your virtual machines are not affected by the installation of VMware Fusion 5.x. By default, virtual machines are saved to /Documents/Virtual Machine/ within your home folder on your Mac. For more information, see Locating the virtual machine bundle in VMware Fusion (1007599).
My networking is no longer working after I installed VMware Fusion 5.x. What happened?
To troubleshoot printer issues, see Troubleshooting printer connection issues in VMware Fusion (1014535).
- Locating the virtual machine bundle in VMware Fusion
- Troubleshooting printer connection issues in VMware Fusion
- Troubleshooting networking and internet connection issues in VMware Fusion
- System requirements for VMware Fusion
- Viewing license keys in My VMware
- Upgrading license keys in My VMware
- VMware store purchasing and order details
- Accessing VMware downloads
- Registering a license key in My VMware
- Purchasing and filing Pay Per Incident support for VMware products
- Downloading and installing VMware Fusion
- Licensing VMware Fusion