The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
vCenter Chargeback Manager data collector services stop immediately after starting (2032755)
- All vCenter Chargeback Data Collector services stop immediately after starting.
- In the Windows Application log, you see errors similar to:
Error 4097: The LoadLibrary function failed for the following reason: The specified module could not be found.
Error 4096: Could not load the Java Virtual Machine.
Error 4096: C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware vCenter Chargeback\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll
- Logs related to each data collector fail to refresh because the JRE cannot load.
- When you run the java command from the command prompt, you see a message indicating that the command cannot be found.
This issue occurs because the JVM is unable to find the msvcr71.dll file located at jre/bin/.
For more information, see the Oracle bug 6509291.
Note: The preceding link was correct as of November 21, 2012. If you find the link is broken, provide feedback and a VMware employee will update the link.
- Right click My Computer, select Properties.
- Click Advanced System Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click the Environment Variables button.
- In the System Variables section, click the PATH variable and then click the Edit button.
- Append a ; and then add the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware vCenter Chargeback\jre\bin\" to the end of the variable.
NOTE: If the Install directory differs please change it accordingly to "$USER_INSTAL_DIR$/jre/bin" in the above example it is the default location.
- Click the OK button to close the window.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.