The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Using the Scheduled Deployment feature in VMware Go (2032209)
This article provides information on and steps to use the Schedule Deployment feature of VMware Go.
Note: The Scheduling Deployment feature is available only to VMware Go Pro customers.
To schedule a deployment in VMware Go:
- Log in to your VMware Go Pro account.
- Click the Patch tab.
- Select Schedule Deployment.
- Click Add New Schedule.
- Enter a name for the schedule.
- Select a Machine Group to target.
- Set the Select Day/Time field to the desired day of the week and time of day.
- Click Save.
- When prompted, enter the administrator credentials and click OK.
Note: If an existing scheduled task was previously scheduled from the machine currently being used to schedule the task, you are prompted to overwrite the existing scheduled task.
The newly scheduled task is now be displayed when you select the Schedule Deployment option.
- Only Machine Groups can be targeted by a scheduled task.
- Only one task can be scheduled from a specific machine. Additional tasks may be scheduled from other machines.
- The log in credentials must have administrator privileges on the machine from which the task is scheduled and also on the machines targeted by the task.
- When you schedule a task with VMware Go, you are scheduling a patch scan with an automatic deployment. Any patches that are assessed as Missing Patches by the scan are subsequently deployed.
- When the task is scheduled with VMware Go, two Microsoft Task Scheduler tasks are created on the machine being used to schedule the task.
- The names of the scheduled tasks within the Microsoft Task Scheduler are similar to:
- go.vmware_patchscan_and_deploy – The task to scan and deploy
- go.vmware_patch_rescan – The task to rescan the targets post-deployment
- The Author column of the task displays HFNetchkPro4.
- If you log in to VMware Go on another machine, all scheduled tasks are displayed in the screen when you select Schedule Deployment, but you can only alter settings for a task which is scheduled on the machine currently being used
- The machine on which the task is scheduled must be powered on and connected to the network for the scheduled task to execute at the scheduled time and day.
- Machines targeted by a scheduled task are power-cycled after the deployment completes. Additional power-cycling options are available only for on-demand deployments.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.