The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
VMware Go asset scans do not provide any results (2031545)
- When running an asset scan in VMware Go, you do not get any results
- Running the patch scan is successful
To resolve this issue, ensure that you meet these requirements:
- Ensure that the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service is enabled and accessible on the target machines. For more information, see the System Requirements section under Help > Contents.
- Ensure to provide the credentials for the target machines. You cannot perform scans using your current log in credentials. For more information, see the Supplying Credentials section under Help > Contents.
Also, ensure to meet these Windows firewall requirements for hardware scans:
- VMware GO scans for hardware assets using WMI in semisynchronous mode. This means that the firewall policy requires only DCOM connections from the console machine to the target machines. Asynchronous mode that requires reverse connections back to the console are not used.
- To scan hardware assets of a machine when the Windows firewall is running, you must set that machine's firewall to allow remote administration. You can configure the firewall via group policy or local command. The local command is:
netsh firewall set service RemoteAdmin enable
For more information on Windows firewall administration, see:
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.