The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
After reconfiguring the vRealize Operations for View adapter to connect to a different View Connection server, no metrics are displayed in the View dashboard (2031359)
- When the vRealize Operations (formerly vCenter Operations) for View adapter is reconfigured to connect to a different View Connection server (other than the one it was initially connected to), no metrics are displayed in the View dashboard of the vRealize Operations custom UI
- The View dashboard does not display any metrics after the vRealize Operations for View adapter is reconfigured to connect to a new View Connection server
To resolve this issue, uninstall and reinstall the vRealize Operations (formerly vCenter Operations) for View adapter.
To uninstall and reinstall the vRealize Operations for View adapter:
- In the system where the vRealize Operations for View adapter is installed, open Control Panel and navigate to Programs and Features (or select Uninstall a program if using Category view).
- Right-click VMware vCenter Operations for View and click Uninstall.
- After the adapter in uninstalled, open the vRealize Operations Manager custom UI.
- Hover over the Environment tab and then select Environment Overview.
- Expand Adpater Kinds and select VCOPS_VIEW_TRANSLATOR.
- Select all resources associated with the VCOPS_VIEW_TRANSLATOR adapter kind.
- Click Delete Resource to remove these resources.
- Hover over the Environment tab and then hover over Configuration.
- Select Adapter Instances.
- Select the VCOPS_VIEW_TRANSLATOR adapter instance.
- Click Remove Selected Adapter Instance to remove the adapter instance. Repeat this step if more than one VCOPS_VIEW_TRANSLATOR instance is present.
- Click OK.
- Reinstall the vRealize Operations for View adapter.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.