Extension fields are multiplying data every time the call or request is loaded in VMware Service Manager 9.x (2031109)
- Screen is cloned from previous version.
- Data multiplies each time the call is opened.
- You are unable to open a call when extension field data has grown too large due to the data that multiplies each time the call is opened.
- Screen has extensions that are multiplying their data when a call is actioned.
- When a call is saved, the contents of the field are appended to the field.
- Extension fields multiply data each time a call or request is loaded.
This article describes a specific set of issues. If you experience any of the above symptoms, consult the sections below.
This is a known defect. Our developers have not yet determined which rolling patch this defect will be fixed in.
- Check the screens source code for the extension field saved in the deadzone.
- In Designer load the screen where the issue occurs.
- Click Save as to save the screen out of Service Manager.
- Locate the saved file.
- Open the file using a plain text editor.
- Identify the Extension field that is multiplying and search the field within the deadzone. If found, remove the duplications.
- Save the file.
- Import the file back into Designer and test.
To be alerted when this article is updated, click Subscribe to Document in the Actions box.