The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Known issues when installing or upgrading to vCenter Server 5.x (2031082)
- vCenter Server installation may error before completion.
- vCenter Server installation fails to complete.
- Unable to complete vCenter Server installation.
- vCenter Server Web Service fails to install.
- Unable to connect to the vCenter Server remote database during the installation.
- When upgrading the Oracle Database, an error message may indicate that the database upgrade has failed.
- Bulk-logged option for SQL Server database needs to be enabled before upgrading.
- Database upgrade fails due to insufficient disk space.
- Administrative credentials are required for the Oracle and SQL database when installing or upgrading vCenter Server.
- When you install Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition on a system where Microsoft SQL Native Client driver is present, the installation may fail with error.
- Upgrades of vCenter Server with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database require the SQL Native Client ODBC driver.
- vCenter Server install may fail with one or more ofthese errors:
- Error 25060. Setup failed to execute sqlcmd.exe
- This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor.
- re-configure your DSN to use one of the supported drivers
- An error occurred, please try again in another vSphere session.
When installing vCenter Server 5.x, be aware of these issues:
When upgrading to vCenter Server 5.x, be aware of these issues:
These and other known issues can be found in the VMware vSphere 5.0 Release Notesand the VMware vCenter Server 5.0 Update 1 (for Windows) Release Notes. Read the release notes in full before attempting to install or upgrade to vCenter Server 5.x.
For best practice information when upgrading and installing, see:
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.