The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Cannot add new machines to vRealize Configuration Manager using the short name (2030768)
- Cannot add a new machine to vRealize Configuration Manager (formerly known as VMware vCenter Configuration Manager) using the short name
- Adding a new machine to vRealize Configuration Manager using the short name fails
- You see the error:
Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'machine_id', table 'VCM.dbo.ecm_sysdat_machine_state'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.
To resolve this issue:
- Navigate to Administration > Settings > General Settings > Collector.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list.
- Locate and disable the Use FQDN, where known, in place of NetBIOS name setting.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.