The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Copy to cloud fails at 66% (2030400)
- Copy to cloud fails with the error:
transfer failed no file to upload
- Copy to cloud fails at 66%
- In the vCloud Director logs, you see the error:
Error was encountered while reading the OVF file you provided
Possible causes include:
- The node is unable to resolve the destination due to incorrect DNS configuration
- There is insufficient space on the destination
- The template being uploaded is corrupt
- The template being uploaded has a EULA attached which contains an apostrophe
- Ensure that DNS is fully configured for both forward and reverse lookups.
- Ensure there is enough space on the destination.
- Check the template for corruption, and replace if necessary.
To work around the EULA issue:
- If a EULA is attached to the template, remove any apostrophes.
- Add <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> as first line in the descriptor.ovf file.
Note: This is a known issue, and is currently being reviewed by VMware. This article will be updated as information becomes available.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.