VMware ThinApp virtual application streaming in Horizon Application Manager (2030247)
- View stateless with excellent connectivity to the file share
- View physical desktops with excellent connectivity to the file share
- A non-View physical desktop that is shared by multiple users (avoids the accumulation on disk of downloaded user-specific applications; also provides for quick access to applications without waiting for downloads specific to that user)
- Persistent View desktops
- LAN-connected desktops that are periodically offline
- If your LAN has poor network latency, which might be unacceptable for streaming-mode applications
The deployment mode is set per Horizon Agent, which applies to the desktop where the Agent is installed. When you select download or streaming mode during Horizon Agent installation, it applies to all ThinApp packages for that endpoint. If you accept the default, all ThinApp packages for that endpoint are in streaming deployment mode.
The command line to install the Horizon Agent silently is:
HorizonAgentInstall.exe /C:"wscript.exe noconsolelaunch.vbs <specify msiexec options here>"
HorizonAgentInstall.exe /C:"wscript.exe noconsolelaunch.vbs /qn DOWNLOAD=1 POLLINGINTERVAL=1800 SERVICE_URL=http://ascii.qwerty.com"
/q denotes a silent installation
/n denotes that no prepopulated UI will appear during the installation
DOWNLOAD is whether ThinApp packages will be downloaded or not. 1 denotes download mode, 0 or blank denotes streaming mode. If unspecified, the default of 0 holds.
POLLINGINTERVAL is the interval between Horizon Agent synchronizations with the Horizon Service to check for new applications or entitlements (in seconds; the default is 60 minutes, or 3600 seconds). If unspecified, the default of 3600 seconds holds.
SERVICE_URL is the URL for the Horizon Service for your organization. A value is required so that the Horizon Agent can connect to the Horizon Service.