Protecting datacenters using Security for Virtualized Environments by Bitdefender on VMware vSphere 5 infrastructure (2021455)
This article provides information about the Bitdefender Security for Virtualized Environments security solution.
Security for Virtualized Environments by Bitdefender
Security for Virtualized Environments by Bitdefender is delivered within a Security Virtual Appliance running on a hardened Linux server and is managed by the Web-based Bitdefender Security Console.
Supported VMware products
- VMware vSphere 5.0 P1 (474610-Patch#1) or 4.1 P3 (433742-Patch #3) including ESXi 4.1 and ESXi 5.0 with
- VMware vCenter Server 5.0 or 4.1
- VMware vShield Manager 5.0
- VMware vShield Endpoint installed by vShield Manager on hosts
- VMware View Manager 5.0
- VMware Tools 8.6.0 build 446312 installed in the protected guest machines in the complete mode or with the vShield driver selected under VMCI in custom mode.
Supported guest operating systems (x86 or x64)
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP3)
- Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 R2
- Oracle Solaris 11, 10
- Linux distributions:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2, 6.1, 5.7, 5.6
- CentOS 6.2, 6.1, 5.7, 5.6
- Ubuntu 11.04, 10.04
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
- OpenSUSE 12, 11
- Fedora 16, 15
For instructions to download and install, click this link.
Bitdefender Support Center provides these support information:
- Complete product documentation:
- Unlimited access to most useful SVE KB articles database:
For support requests regarding Security for Virtualized Environments, contact Bitdefender using these channels:
- Open a ticket via phone, using our phone assistance numbers
- Discuss with our support engineer, using our chat assistance rooms
- Open a direct ticket using our e-mail request
- Ask a question on our dedicated SVE forum
Additional support information
Bitdefender recommends these Knowledge Base articles if you encounter issues with Security for Virtualized Environments by Bitdefender:
- How to upgrade VMware Tools in ESXi 4.1 to meet the Security for Virtualized Environments requirements
- How to enable full logging in Security for Virtualized Environment by Bitdefender
- Understanding User Account types
- How to upgrade Security for Virtualized Environments to version 1.2
- How to check if scanning works in Security for Virtualized Environments virtual appliance
- System Requirements for Security for Virtualized Environments
Note: The links in this article were correct as of May 25, 2012. If you find a link is broken, provide feedback and a VMware employee will update the link.