The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Importing a web feed from Twitter into Socialcast On Premise v1 / v2 (2021367)
Socialcast provides users with the opportunity to import feeds and tweets in their Socialcast Community home stream or a group.
This article provides steps to import web feeds or tweets.
- Log in to your Community and click your Home Stream.
Click the gear icon (next to the Home on the left-hand side navigation panel)
The window that displays allows you to import feeds from sites such as Facebook, Linked In, and Twitter. To import a feed from Twitter, click the Add button aligned with Twitter.
- Select Use Twitter for Status updates?
- Click the Authorize access to your account link. You are taken to your Twitter account.
- Click Authorize app. You are redirected back to Socialcast.
- Provide your Twitter username.
- Click Import > Save.
- You can import only specific tweets using a hashtag (#). If you do not specify a hashtag, Socialcast imports all of your tweets. For example, you could designate the hasgtag #sc for tweets you want to appear in Socialcast. Any tweet without your specified tag will not appear in Socialcast.
- The option Use Twitter for Status updates? applies only to imports that are configured on the Home stream. When this option is not selected, items are imported and displayed on the Home stream, for your viewing only. Items are also posted to your personal stream to share with your colleagues.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.