The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Connecting to the View Client Server after upgrading to Teradici Zero Client 4.0 firmware fails with the error: The supplied certificate is not rooted in the device's local certificate store (2021327)
- Cannot connect to the View Client Server after upgrading to Teradici Zero Client 4.0 firmware
- Connecting to the View Client Server after upgrading to Teradici Zero Client 4.0 firmware fails
- You see the error:
The supplied certificate is not rooted in the device's local certificate store.
Note: The Teradici Zero Client 4.0 firmware is not compatible with View Connection Server 5.0 or earlier versions. To run this version, you need to upgrade your Connection Server to View 5.1. For more information on upgrading, see the VMware View Upgrade Guide.
- Download the root certificate from the Certificate Authority to your local machine in .PEM format.
- Connect to the Web interface of the Zero Client by navigating to https://ZeroClientIP, where ZeroClientIP is the IP address of the Zero Client.
- Click Upload > Certificate.
- In the Certificate Filename field, click Browse.
- Select the .PEM certificate and click Upload.
Note: You can only upload 16 certificates at one time.
If you have a large number of Zero Client endpoints, you may be able to push the certificate out to all devices by using the Teradici ZeroClient Management Appliance. For more information, contact Teradici Support.
Note: Teradici has released Zero Client firmware version 4.0.2 which is compatible with View Manager 5.0. For more information, see the Teradici Knowledge Base article PCoIP Zero Client View 5.0 Certification Details (15134-809). To access this article, you must be a registered user in the Teradici Web site.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.