vSphere Management Assistant 5.0 Patch 2 (22.214.171.124) (2021164)
vMA 5.0 patch 2 includes the following changes and enhancements:
- The base operating system is updated to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1 (15-April-2012).
- JRE is updated to JRE 1.6.0_31.
- This release also fixes a flaw in the way library files are
loaded that could allow for privilege escalation.
The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the name CVE-2012-2752 to this issue.
Installing vMA 5.0 Patch 2
You can deploy the vMA OVF from your vSphere Client connected to a vCenter Server system or ESXi host, as described in the vSphere Management Assistant Guide.
- Download and unzip the vMA ZIP archive.
- In the vSphere Client, choose File > Deploy OVF Templating.
- When prompted by the wizard, click Deploy from a file or URL and select the OVF in the folder to which you have extracted the ZIP file and follow the instructions in the wizard.
When you start vMA, proceed as follows:
- When prompted, specify custom network settings.
- When prompted, specify a password for the vi-admin user for
logging in to vMA. The password must conform to the vMA password
policy. The password must have at least:
- Eight characters
- One upper case character
- One lower case character
- One numeral character
- One symbol such as #, $