The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
The View Administration console takes a long time to load (2021050)
- Loading the View Administrator console is very slow
- The View Administrator console is slow to load information about pools and desktops
- In the View Debug log spew, you see entries similar to:
YYYY-MM-DD TIME,000 DEBUG TP-Processor16 [AdminInventoryManager_internal] Unknown member cn=7b9529dd-f75d-40b7-a19d-bc231632ddb6,ou=data disks,dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int in folder OA
Note: For more information about logging in VMware View, see Collecting diagnostic information for VMware Horizon View 5.x (1017939).
To disable logging of the Unknown Member messages:
- Download the file attached to this article.
- Extract the contents of the zip file.
- Copy the vdm-debug.vbs file to the Connection Server, replacing the existing file in:
C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\DCT
- Verify that the View Administration console takes less time to load.
To change the log level, see Changing the log file behavior in VMware View components (1025887).
Setting the log level to INFO reduces the amount of information logged by View Manager. To troubleshoot future issues, you may need to temporarily re-enable the DEBUG or TRACE logging level.
- The DEBUG message outlined in the Symptoms section will be logged if full or linked clones are placed inside the View folder. VMware View does not recognize members in this folder; therefore, it logs this message multiple times.
- Also note that this message is merely informational and is therefore harmless.
Note: If the log spew persists, try changing the log level from INFO to DEBUG.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.