The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Site Recovery Manager test failover/failover tasks fail when using virtual machines with RDM disks (2020532)
- The test failover or failover task in vCenter Site Recovery Manager (SRM) fails when using virtual machines with RDM disks (including MSCS virtual machines).
- The test failover or failover task fails during the Configure Storage stage.
- Recovery plan is showing the test has been interrupted and there is no option to cancel the test plan or remove it. The status shown in the Recovery Plan will be similar to:
Test Interrupted Please test again immediately! The SRM server did not complete a test that was in progress.
- You cannot create protection groups as they are in use by the failed Recovery plan.
- In the vmware-dr.log file on the SRM server, you see entries similar to:
[07868 verbose 'StorageProvider' opID=5F71C974-00000052:1f52] Waiting for another repairing task for the same RDM file '[snap-38cbfc50-DatastoreX] VM/VM1_1.vmdk' to complete.
[03588 verbose 'StorageProvider' opID=5F71C974-00000052:1f52] Waiting for another repairing task for the same RDM file '[snap-38cbfc50-DatastoreX] VM/VM1_2.vmdk' to complete.
[08656 verbose 'StorageProvider' opID=ACC7568E-000000D7:217a] Waiting for another repairing task for the same RDM file '[snap-39ea4f07-DatastoreX] VM/VM1_1.vmdk' to complete.
This is a known issue in SRM 5.0 and 5.0.1.
This is resolved in SRM 5.0.2. To download SRM 5.0.2, see the VMware Download Center.
For more information, see the Resolved Issues section of the VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.0.2 Release Notes.
Note: This issue does not occur in SRM 5.1.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.