Support for McAfee MOVE AntiVirus [Agentless] 2.5 with VMware vShield Endpoint 5.0 (2020338)
This article provides information on the McAfee MOVE AntiVirus 2.5 Agentless deployment option that is designed to integrate with VMware vSphere 5.0 using vShield Endpoint
Disclaimer: The partner product referenced in this article is a software module that is developed and supported by a partner. Use of this product is also governed by the end user license agreement of the partner. You must obtain from the partner the application, support, and licensing for using this product. For more information, see http://www.mcafee.com/us/products/move-anti-virus.aspx.
McAfee MOVE AntiVirus Agentless provides virus protection for virtual machines and contains a Security Virtual Appliance (SVA) delivered as an Open Virtualization Format (OVF) package.
- Uses the VMware vShield Endpoint API to receive scan requests from virtual machines on the hypervisor
- Relies on VirusScan Enterprise for Linux for SVA protection and updates
- Uses ePolicy Orchestrator to manage the MOVE (Management for Optimized Virtualization Environments) configuration on the SVA
- Leverages the McAfee Agent for policy and event handling
- Provides reports on viruses that are discovered on the virtual machines using ePolicy Orchestrator
- VMware ESXi 5.0
- Patch ESXi500-201109402-BG: Updates tools-light
- Patch ESXi500-201109401-BG: Updates esx-base
- VMware vCenter Server 5.0
- vShield Manager 5.0
- vShield Endpoint 5.0
- vSphere Client 5.0
- VMware View Manager 5.0
Note: The preceding link was correct as of May 08, 2012. If you find the link is broken, provide feedback and a VMware employee will update the link.