The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Cannot umount the datastore after migrating the virtual machines (2019728)
- You are unable to umount the datastore after migrating all the virtual machines from it
- When trying to confirm in the Datastore Unmount dialog, you see a red X next to No virtual machine resides on the datastore.
- There are no ISOs or any virtual disks connected to any virtual machines from the datastore
To resolve this issue, delete the snapshots.
To delete the snapshots:
- Browse the datastore.
- Go to Virtual Machine tab and check if there are virtual machines running on the datastore.
- If any of the virtual machines have a snapshot, delete it.
To consolidate the snapshot files:
- Right-click the virtual machine and click Snapshot > Snapshot Manager.
- Click Delete All.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.