The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
vmware-vpxd service fails to start in vCenter Server Appliance (2018902)
To resolve this issue, add the IP address and FQDN of VCVA to the /etc/hosts file.
To add the IP address and FQDN of VCVA to the /etc/hosts file:
- Log in to the console of VCVA as the root user. The default password is vmware.
- Change directory to /etc.
- Open the hosts file using a text editor.
- Add this entry to the file:
vcenter_IP vcentername.domain vcentername
Where vcentername is the short name of your VCVA and domain is the domain of your VCVA.
- Save and close the file.
- Restart the vmware-vpxd service:
service vmware-vpxd restart
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.