The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
VMware vCenter Server Appliance 5.0 Update 1a and Update 1b (VCSA) Known Issues (2017801)
- The vCenter Server Appliance update fails to install the update to 5.0 Update 1 and the log file /opt/vmware/var/log/vami/updatecli.log displays the following error message:
"ERROR: Not enough space on disk to migrate embedded database."
- Create a new virtual disk with size 20GB and attach it to the vCenter Server Appliance.
- Log in to the vCenter Server Appliance's console and format the new disk as follows:
- At the command line, type, "echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host0/scan".
- Type, "parted -s /dev/sdc mklabel msdos".
- Type, "parted -s /dev/sdc mkpartfs primary ext2 0 22G".
- Mount the new partition under /storage/db/export:
- Type, "mkdir -p /storage/db/export".
- Type, "mount /dev/sdc1 /storage/db/export".
- Repeat the update process.
- You can remove the new disk after the update process finishes successfully and the vCenter Server Appliance is shut down.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.