The default location to store the results for UNIX agent upgrade remote commands does not exist on Windows Server 2008 R2 (2017225)
UNIX Agent Upgrade remote commands installed with VCM save the resulting output files in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\CMRemoteCommandOutput. This path does not exist on Windows Server 2008 R2. When you run one of these remote commands but do not change the path, any output files generated by the remote command are lost, and the VCM debug event log displays access denied errors for this path. This issue can also apply to custom remote commands that were created on a different machine where the path selected to store the remote command output files does not exist on the current machine.
Edit the UNIX Agent Upgrade remote command and select an existing user folder on the VCM Collector Windows Server 2008 R2 file system to store the output files.
- In VCM, click Console and select UNIX Remote Commands.
- Select a remote command and click Edit.
- On the Run Options page, click the ellipsis button next to Store results in a directory on the VCM Collector.
- Select a subfolder to store the results for the UNIX remote command.
- Complete the wizard and save your remote command.