The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Accessing the virtual machine console through the vSphere Client or Web Client displays a black screen (2017207)
- Cannot access the virtual machine console using the vSphere Client or Web Client
- When you access the virtual machine console through the vSphere Client or Web Client, the console screen appears black
- You do not see any MKS errors
The issue may occur due to an older DLL file that is installed by some 3G USB data cards (bmnet.dll). This DLL is installed with the software suite.
This issue is seen to occur with, but is not restricted to, Sprint SmartView and AT&T Communications manager 3G software suites.
- Remove the 3G software suite.
- Install a newer version of the 3G software suite. This issue does not occur with latest versions of these third party suites.
- Try removing the offending DLL with the LSP-Fix utility. This should not interfere with the functioning of the 3G data card.
For more information on removing the offending DLL, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 910435.
Note: The preceding link was correct as of April 05, 2012. If you find the link is broken, provide feedback and a VMware employee will update the link.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.