The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Changing vCenter Server IP address stops vDR from working (2017190)
Cannot manage the VMware Data Recovery appliance
You recently changed the IP address of your vCenter Server or changed to a new vCenter Server and you can no longer manage your vDR appliance from the plugin.
To ensure you can continue to manage vDR:
- Open the MKS console or SSH into the vDR appliance.
- Run this command to stop the vDR service:
"service datarecovery stop"
- Edit or create the file /var/vmware/datarecovery/datarecovery.ini.
- Make sure the first line in that file is:
- Add these entries as needed:
- ESXVCHost=[IP address or FQDN of new vCenter Server]
- ESXVCUser=<vCenter user>
- Start the vDR service:
"service datarecovery start"
- Go back to the vSphere Client and go to Data Recovery, you should now be able to manage vDR, old restore points appear under the old vCenter Server name and new backup jobs appear under the new vCenter Server name. You can restore from the old restore points, but you have to start new jobs for the new vCenter Server.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.