The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Windows and UNIX machine data collections in vCM do not filter results correctly (2017139)
When collecting data from Windows or UNIX machines in vCenter Configuration Manager (vCM), you experience these symptoms
- If you select all data types and apply a few data filters to limit the collection results, the collection job runs on all the data types, instead of applying the filter
- vCM data collection returns all data, irrespective of the filters applied
To resolve this issue, select only the data types that correspond to the data included in filters.
To select only the data types that correspond to the data included in filters:
- Click Collect.
- Click Machine Data and click OK.
- Select the machines from which you are collecting data and click Next.
- Select only the data types that correspond to the data included in the filters that you intend to select in the next wizard page.
- Select Select data filters and click Next.
- Select the filters that correspond to the data types you selected on the previous page and click Next.
- Click Finish.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.