The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Virtual machine using the Client device CD-ROM stops responding from the vSphere Client after a network interruption (2017037)
- When a virtual machine is using a client device CD-ROM and the network connection is interrupted, the virtual machine stops responding from the vSphere Client.
- You cannot access the virtual machine console from the vSphere Client.
- The virtual machine responds to ping requests, but is not accessible from the vSphere Client.
This issue is resolved in:
- ESXi 5.0 Update 3, available at VMware Download Center. For more information, see the ESXi 5.0 Update 3 Release Notes.
- ESXi 5.1 Update 1, available at VMware Download Center. For more information, see the ESXi 5.1 Update 1 Release Notes.
To work around this issue when you cannot upgrade, disconnect and reconnect the Client device CD-ROM.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.