The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Attempting to mount an NFS share fails with the error: The server does not support NFS v3 over TCP (2016899)
- Cannot mount the NFS datastore from a NAS device on an ESX/ESXi host
- Mounting the NFS datastore fails
- In the vSphere Client, you see the error:
The server does not support NFS v3 over TCP.
This issue occurs if:
- The NFS service is not running on the NFS server
- Protocol NFS3 is not enabled and there is no support for NFS2 or NFS4
- TCP support is not enabled and there is no support for UDP
To resolve this issue, on the NFS filer, ensure that the NFS service is running and protocol NFS3 over TCP is enabled.
For more information, see Unable to mount NFS datastore (1005948).
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.