The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
vRealize Infrastructure Navigator virtual appliance is not visible in the license window of the vSphere Client (2016577)
- The vRealize Infrastructure Navigator (formerly known as vCenter Infrastructure Navigator) virtual appliance is not visible in under Asset in the vSphere Client license window
- When trying to apply the license through vSphere Client, you are unable to see the vRealize Infrastructure Navigator virtual appliance
This issue occur because vRealize Infrastructure Navigator (formerly known as vCenter Infrastructure Navigator) uses the same communication thread for registering the plug-in and the licensing service. In some cases, vRealize Infrastructure Navigator might also receive a null connection to the licensing services.
Another cause can be if one is using an older vSphere 5.0 Client. Make sure that that the client is running 5.0.0 Build 434157 or higher.
To resolve the issue, restart the vRealize Infrastructure Navigator (formerly known as vCenter Infrastructure Navigator) engine.
Note: Restarting the appliance and redeploying does not resolve this issue.
To restart the vRealize Infrastructure Navigator engine:
- Open an SSH connection to the vRealize Infrastructure Navigator appliance.
- Log in as the root user.
- Run this command to restart the engine:
monit restart vadm-engine
- Run this command and check the engine status:
- After the engine service restarts, refresh the vSphere Client.
- Check the licensing section/window of the vSphere Client. The vRealize Infrastructure Navigator appliance should now be visible in Asset.
If the issue persists even after restarting the vRealize Infrastructure Navigator engine, submit a Support Request with VMware Support. For more information, see How to Submit a Support Request.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.