The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
View Persona Management features do not function when Windows Client-Side Caching is in effect. (2016416)
- Synchronize any profile data that currently resides in the local Client-Side Caching database. Use the Sync Center on the local system. On Windows 7, go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Sync Center.
For more information, see the To sync all of your offline files immediately section in Working with network files when you are offline.
- (Optional) Delete the profile data from the Client-Side Caching database on the local system by using the Registry Editor:
Note: This procedure modifies the Windows registry. Before making any registry modifications, ensure that you have a current and valid backup of the registry and the virtual machine. For more information on backing up and restoring the registry, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 136393.
- On the local system, click Start > Run, type regedit, and click OK. The Registry Editor window opens.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CSC\Parameters.
- If the Parameters node does not exist in this path, create a new node named Parameters.
- In the Parameters node, create a new registry key named FormatDatabase.
- Click Edit > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value to create a key of the type REG_DWORD.
- Enter FormatDatabase for the name of the key.
- Set the Data in the FormatDatabase key to 1.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Restart the local system.
- Disable the Windows Offline Files feature.
To disable Windows Offline Files from the Control Panel:
- On the local system, open the Control Panel.
- Navigate to Sync Center > Manage offline files.
- In the Offline Files dialog box, click Disable offline files and click OK.
Alternatively, you can also disable Windows Offline Files by setting a group policy setting:
- On the local system, click Start > Run, type gpedit.msc, and click OK.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > Offline Files folder.
- Select the Allow or Disallow use of the Offline Files feature group policy setting.
- Select Disabled.
Note: To disable Windows Offline Files with the Allow or Disallow use of the Offline Files feature group policy setting on all the systems in a specified Windows domain or OU, you can use the Group Policy Object Editor in MMC in Active Directory.
- Verify that the Client-Side Caching driver is disabled on the local system. If the driver is enabled, disable it.
For example, in a Windows command prompt, run this command:
sc config csc start= disabled
- Restart the local system.
For more information, see:
- The Microsoft support blog How to Properly Disable Offline Files in Windows Vista.
- Best Practices for Configuring a View Persona Management Deployment section in the VMware Horizon View Administration Guide.
Note: The preceding links in this article were correct as of November 21, 2013. If you find a link is broken, provide feedback and a VMware employee will update the link.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.