Attempting to view persistent disks fails with the error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException (2016056)
- You are unable to view persistent disks from the GUI.
- You see the error:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: dn == null
- Backup the ADAM database. For more information, see Performing an end-to-end backup and restore for View Manager (1008046).
- Open the View ADAM database. For more information, see Connecting to the View ADAM Database (2012377).
- Right-click View ADAM Database.
- Click New > Query.
- Under Name, type:
- Under Root of Search, click Browse.
- Click Data Disks.
- Click OK.
- In the Query Sting, type:
- Click OK.
- Click InvalidCN.
- Ensure that the objects appearing in the query do not have any value for the pae-VCDN attribute.
- Verify the location of the persistent disk by viewing the pae-DataDiskDataCenter attribute.
- If you are confident the entry is not valid, right-click the object and click Delete.
Note: If the query in this procedure does not return any result, you may have to manually delete any stale object references. For more information see, Manually deleting linked clones or stale virtual desktop entries from VMware View Manager 3.x and 4.0.x (1008658).
- Performing an end-to-end backup and restore for View Manager
- Manually deleting linked clones or stale virtual desktop entries from VMware View Manager 3.x and 4.0.x
- Connecting to the View ADAM Database