The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Adding additional storage to the vCenter Operations Manager 5.x Analytics or UI VM (2016022)
This article provides steps to add additional storage capacity to the vCenter Operations Manager 5.x Analytics or UI VM. Each virtual machine has a database that grows over time, potentially requiring additional disk space.
You may want to add additional disk space if you are unable to log in to the vCenter Operations Manager Web page and the /admin Web site and you see these errors:
- HTTP 404 error
- General error occurred
To add more disk space to a vApp:
- Power off the vApp in vCenter Server.
- In the vSphere Client inventory, right-click the Analytics or UI VM and click Edit Settings.
- Click the Hardware tab and click Add.
- Click Hard Disk and click Next.
- Select Create a new virtual disk and click Next.
- Set Disk Size to an appropriate value.
- Select a disk provisioning format, if applicable.
Note: VMware recommends you to select the Thick Provision Eager Zeroed option by choosing FT when possible.
- Select a location to store the disk and click Next.
- Accept the default Virtual Device Node and click Next
- Review the information and click Finish.
- Click OK. The new storage is now added to the Analytics or UI VM.
After adding the additional storage capacity, power on the Analytics or UI VM. The Analytics or UI VM should now discover the additional storage and add it to the /data partition.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.