Licensing VMware Fusion (2014287)
To license VMware Fusion:
- Launch VMware Fusion.
- Go to VMware Fusion > License....
- Enter the serial number.
The VMware Fusion Activation Code is an alpha-numeric code. For VMware Fusion 3.x, 4.x and 5.x, this code is 25 digits. For example:
AALYG-20HVE-WHQ13-67MUP-XVMF3Note: If you purchased a retail box, the license key can be found on a small white registration card inside the box. If you purchased an electronic software download (ESD) version, your license key can be found in your order confirmation email.
- Click OK.
Note: To receive the complimentary email support that is included with your license purchase, ensure that the license key has been registered. For more information, see Registering a license key in My VMware (2011177).
For related information, see:
- VMware Fusion Support Center Licensing and Upgrade FAQ
- VMware Fusion 4 sales, licensing, and compatibility FAQs (2013580)
- VMware Fusion 5.x sales, licensing, and compatibility FAQs
- VMware Fusion Documentations
- You can view your Fusion license keys in My VMware. For more information, see Viewing license keys in My VMware (2006831).
- VMware Fusion 2.0.7 is a maintenance release for VMware Fusion 2 and is a free upgrade for VMware Fusion 1 and 2. It accepts 20-character license keys from Fusion 2.0.x and 25-character license keys from Fusion 3.x. If you have bought Fusion 3.x, but want to use Fusion 2.x in your production environment, you can use the 25-character license key of Fusion 3.x. The Fusion 2.0.7 licensing mechanism accepts and interprets the 25-character license key. For more information, see VMware Fusion 2 Release Notes.
You can download VMware Fusion 2.0.7 from the Download Center.
- You can download pre-configured trial virtual machines from the Virtual Appliances catalog section.
- For more information on the End User License Agreement, VMware Fusion License Agreement.