The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Attribute requirements for importing Atom and RSS feeds to a stream in Socialcast On Premise (2014092)
To ensure that these requirements are met:
- Ensure that the feed is formatted in a valid way. To verify this, use the W3C Feed Validator.
- For each item in an RSS feed, ensure that it contains these elements:
- <link> – URL to this item's page
- <title> – Title of this item
- <description> – Description/caption or summary of the item
- <pubDate> – Publication date of this item
- For each entry in an Atom Feed, ensure it contains these elements:
- <link> – URL of this entry's page
- <title> – Title of the page
- <id> – Unique ID of the entry
- <published> – Date of initial publication
- <summary> – Short description or summary of item.
For more information on <item> attributes in RSS feeds, see W3Schools.com RSS item Element.
For more information on the Atom specification, see Atom Format Spec.
Note: The preceding links in this article were correct as of April 20, 2012. If you find a link is broken, provide feedback and a VMware employee will update the link.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.