The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Datastore information not collected in vCenter Operations Manager 5.0 (2013861)
- Datastore information is not collected
- Datastores are displayed with a grey question mark on the dashboard and the message: no data available
- vCenter Operations is not collecting data from vCenter
- You see the error:
ERROR [Collector worker thread 7] (15) com.integrien.alive.common.adapter3.AdapterBase.collect - Collect threw an exception: null
- The collector process encounters Null Pointer Exceptions (NPEs) during data collection. This can occur in a vApp deployment.
- Data collection enters an infinite loop due to a race condition in a shared data structure.
Note: Before deploying the patch, make a backup of the existing environment. For a vApp deployment, a backup can be made by shutting down the vApp and taking a snapshot of each virtual machine in the vApp.
To apply the patch:
- Log into the Admin section of vCenter Operations Manager. The URL is similar to: https://IP_address/Admin
- In the Admin login section, click the Update tab.
- In the Update Package section, browse for the downloaded patch file.
- Click Update.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.