The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Cannot send receive messages through Service Manager and workflows fail to run (2013826)
- Service Manager workflows fail to run
- Cannot send/receive messages through Service Manager
- Scheduled connector process fail to run
- Service Manager reports fail to run
This issue occurs if the specific polling services that perform the task are not running.
To resolve this issue, ensure that the specific polling services that perform the task are running.
This table lists the various services and provides a brief description of the tasks that each service performs:
|Service||Tasks performed by the service||Default timeout (in minutes)|
|Administrative||Parent service for all other services||0|
|Connector||Service for connectors, such as Federated CMDB, Event Management, and MOM||0|
|Custom||Run the custom polling logic||0|
|Proactive Analysis||Processing Proactive Analysis rules||5|
|Reporting||Processing report schedules||60|
Activating Tasks including:
- Administrative is the parent service for all other service and must be running even if one of the other services is required.
- All services, except Workflow, run every 60 seconds.
- The Workflow service runs every 6 seconds.
For more information, download the Server Console User Guide from the VMware Download Center.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.