The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
ESX/ESXi host appears grayed out in vShield Manager (2013686)
- ESX/ESXi hosts in the vShield Manager Web interface are grayed out
- You are unable to write any firewall rules for virtual machines
- When forcing a sync between the Firewall appliance and vShield Manager, you see the error:
Note: This issue does not occur in vShield 5.0.
- The connection state in vCenter Server is anything other than connected
- It is in the maintenance mode
- It is powered off
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.