The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Integrating vCloud Director Appliance with vCenter Chargeback Manager 2.0.x (2013681)
To integrate vCloud Director with vCenter Chargeback Manager, you must install the vCloud Director Data Collector and provide the vCloud Director setup details during the installation. However, integrating the vCloud Director Appliance with vCenter Chargeback Manager is a little bit more complicated and requires you to perform few pre-integration tasks.
To integrate vCloud Director Appliance with vCenter Chargeback Manager, perform the following steps:
- In the vCloud Director Appliance, edit the listener.ora file located in /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/xe/network/admin.
- Add these lines to the file:
DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP) (HOST = <Appliance_IP_Address> )(PORT = 1522)))
The modified file must include these listener details:
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC) (KEY = EXTPROC_FOR_XE))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP) (HOST = 127.0.0.1 )(PORT = 1521))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP) (HOST = <Appliance_IP_Address> )(PORT = 1522))
- Save the listener.ora file.
- Restart the appliance.
- Modify the timezone in the appliance to ensure that the vCenter Servers, vCloud Director Appliance, and vCenter Chargeback Manager are in the same timezone.
- Install the vCloud Director Data Collector with the IP and port details in the listener.ora file for the vCloud Director Appliance database.
After the installation is complete, the products should be integrated.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.