The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Creating a host profile fails with the error: The request failed because the remote server 'x.x.x.x' took too long to respond (2013511)
To workaround this issue:
- Ensure that the Windows Firewall is turned off on vCenter Servers.
To turn off Windows Firewall:
- Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall.
- Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Select Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) for all the three available settings (Domain, Home or work, and Public network location settings).
- Click OK.
- Change the network adapter setting to use 1Gbps (if it is not set already) on the machine where the database is installed.
To change the network adapter setting to use 1Gbps:
- Open the Device Manager on the machine where SQL Server is installed.
- Click Start > Run, type devmgmt.msc, and click OK. The Device Manager window opens.
- Right-click Network adapters and click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab and select Link Speed & Duplex.
- Change the speed to use 1Gbps, if it is not already set.
- Disable Lockdown mode on the host. For more information, see Enabling or disabling Lockdown mode on an ESXi host (1008077).
- Restart the Management Agents on the host. For more information, see Restarting the Management agents on an ESX or ESXi Server (1003490).
- Try creating the host profile.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.