The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Replacing the default SSL certificates for VMware vCenter Server Appliance 5.0 (2013352)
For information on VMware vCenter Server Appliance 5.1, see Configuring certificates signed by a Certificate Authority (CA) for vCenter Server Appliance 5.1 (2036744).
For more information about generating custom or default SSL certificates, see Generating custom or default SSL certificates (1029944).
- Log into the vCenter Server Appliance via SSH or through the console.
- After receiving the requested certificates from your signing authority, copy the new private key (for example,
rui.key) and certificate (for example,
rui.crt) to a directory on the file system such as
/rootusing a utility such as WinSCP or Filezilla.
Note: VMware does not endorse or recommend any particular third-party utility, nor is the list above meant to be exhaustive.
- Stop the vCenter Server process by running the command:
service vmware-vpxd stop
- Replace the certificates by running the command:
vpxd_servicecfg certificate change /root/rui.crt /root/rui.key
- Restart the vCenter Server Appliance by running the command:
service vmware-vpxd start
- Generating custom or default SSL certificates
- VMware vCenter ServerアプライアンスのデフォルトSSL証明書の置き換え
- Configuring certificates signed by a Certificate Authority (CA) for vCenter Server Appliance 5.1
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.