The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Issue with Persona Management and folder re-direction (2013263)
- This line in the View Persona Management log files states that Persona Management is enabled, you have configured a Persona repository location, and you did not select Override Active Directory user profile path if it is configured in the admin template:
[12/16/2011 11:08:04:0452][RTOProcessLogon] Retrieved VMware Settings: User: testuser1, Remote Path: \\sjshare\mydata\viewpilot\%username%, Enabled: 1, UseAltPath: 0
- This line in the View Persona Management log files states that a machine Group Policy Object (GPO) path is not configured:
[12/16/2011 11:08:04:0452][RTOGetMachineProfilePath] Failed Reading MachineProfilePath, 0x80070002
- This line in the View Persona Management log files states that a user does not have a profile path configured in Active Directory:
[12/16/2011 11:08:04:0999][RTOGetUserADProfilePath] No Remote Path: User: testuser1
Note: For more information on the location of the View Persona Management log files, see Collecting diagnostic information for VMware View (1017939).
Persona will only use the Persona repository location path if you select Override Active Directory user profile path if it is configured.
As a result, since no path is configured in Active Directory, you are logging on with a local profile and Persona is ignoring it.
To resolve this issue:
- Open the Group Policy Management Editor on your Domain Controller.
- Click Start > Run
- Type gpedit.msc, and press Enter.
- Browse to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Classic Administrative Templates (ADM) > VMware View Agent Configuration.
- Ensure that:
- Persona Management > Roaming & Synchronization > Persona repository location is enabled
- Override Active Directory user profile path if it is configured is selected
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.