The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Registering the agent with the console in vCenter Protect Essentials fails with the error: The host name in the certificate is invalid or does not match (2012654)
- Cannot register the agent with the console in vCenter Protect Essentials
- Registering the agent with the console in vCenter Protect Essentials fails
- Installing the agent manually fails with the error:
Unable to obtain policy
- In the STAgentUpdater.log file, you see entries similar to:
2011-11-14T16:33:16.8048766Z 09bc I CheckIn.cpp:235 Checking in using: https://server.vmware.example:3121/
2011-11-14T16:33:16.9751214Z 09bc W CheckIn.cpp:258 Failed to retrieve token. Error: class STServiceModel::Wws::CWebServiceException at TrustChannel.cpp:49: (null)
There was an error communicating with the endpoint at ' https://server.vmware.example:3121/ST/Console/STS/ConsoleSTS '.
There was an error sending the HTTP request.
The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value.
The host name in the certificate is invalid or does not match
To resolve this issue:
- Navigate to Tools > Console alias editor in vCenter Protect Essentials.
- Add server.vmware.example as an alias.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.