The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Mouse does not behave correctly in a virtual machine that has been manually Sysprepped (2012606)
- After a Windows virtual machine has been manually Sysprepped, mouse coordinates are not passed through correctly to the operating system.
- Mouse clicks not interacting at the correct point on the virtual machine console.
- Mouse performance is poor.
- Sysprep initiated through the Guest Customization wizard when cloning a virtual machine does not display these symptoms.
To resolve this issue, ensure that the mouse driver is the VMware Pointing Device driver:
- Log in to the virtual machine.
- Right-click My Computer and select Manage.
- Select Device Manager and expand Mice and other pointing devices.
- The VMware driver is named VMware Pointing Device. If another driver is present, update the driver:
- Right-click the mouse driver and click Update Driver Software.
- Browse to the C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Tools\Drivers\mouse and click Next.
- Select VMware Pointing Device and click Next.
Note: The operating system may need to be rebooted for the change to take effect.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.