The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Installing vCenter Configuration Manager fails while trying to validate the SRS instance with the error: Could not connect to server https://server_name/ReportServer/ReportService2005.asmx (2012133)
- Cannot install vCenter Configuration Manager (vCM)
- Installing vCM fails while validating the SRS instance
- You see the error:
Failure validating SRS instance <instance name>. Could not connect to server https://<server name>/ReportServer/ReportService2005.asmx
To resolve this issue, remove the SSL binding for the SRS instance.
To remove the SSL binding for the SRS instance:
- Open Reporting Services Configuration Manager.
- Go to Web Service URL.
- Under Report Server Web Service Site Identification, click Advanced.
- Under Multiple SSL Identities for the Report Server Web Service, remove all entries.
- Click OK.
- Verify that the HTTPS URL is no longer available under Report Server Web Service URLs.
- Click Apply.
- Click Exit.
- Restart the SQL Server Reporting Services service.
If this does not resolve the issue, you may have to reinstall SRS without the SSL settings.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.